A congregational survey will be part of our Sunday, May 5, worship service.
The Crossroads Team is exploring how Falcon Heights Church can survive and even thrive in an increasingly secular culture. One of our first tasks is to determine who our neighbors are, their needs and interests, and how our church might be the best neighbor possible to them.
Join us Sunday after the communion service, when team member Conee Biggs will share data found in demographic reports prepared for the Minnesota Conference and the implications of that data. We’ll ask the congregation to respond to a short five-question survey to help discern how to serve God’s people and express God’s love for all of creation. The questions are:
- List 3-5 things that matter to people here. (What energizes people?)
- With changing times and faith cultures, list 2-3 things you hope we don’t lose sight of.
- In what ways do you think our church will be different 5 years from now?
- List 2-5 pressing issues facing our local community.
- List 2-5 hopes and dreams you have for our church (What would you like to be different 1-2 years from now?).
Don’t answer the questions now – you’ll hear information Sunday that might prompt some new thoughts about these issues. We look forward to seeing you there. –Larry Schumacher