Join us Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings throughout the season of Lent. We will build community around food and kid-friendly worship on Wednesdays starting at 6 p.m. And we will celebrate each Sunday of Lent as “a little Easter,” giving hope and joy in the midst of the mud and gray of late winter and early spring.
Wednesdays in Lent
- Feb. 21-March 21, 6 p.m.: Soup suppers and child-friendly worship.
- March 21: rehearsals for children’s musical begin, Wednesdays from 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. “In the Image” will be performed during worship on Sunday, May 6, at 10:30 a.m.
Rehearse and sing with the choir for Holy Week
It’s a short-term commitment:
- Three Wednesday rehearsals, beginning Wednesday, March 14, at 7:30 p.m.
- Three Holy Week worship services: Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, and on April 1 the triumphant Easter Sunday service with professional brass ensemble.
Contact Music Director Joel Johnson at at email@example.com or 651-426-4505, or just come at 7:25 p.m. on March 14.
- Feb. 18: “Adaptable God”
- Feb. 25: “By Faith and Not By Sight”
- March 4: “First Things First”
- March 11: “The Cure for Snakebite”
- March 18: “The Path of the Heart”
- March 25: Palm and Passion Sunday, “Entering the City”
Maundy Thursday, March 29
- Service of Tenebrae, 7 p.m., with spoken Passion and special music.
Good Friday, March 30
- The Sanctuary will be open from noon to 3 p.m. for individual reflection.
Easter Sunday, April 1
- 9:15 a.m.: Easter Breakfast, supporting our youth mission work.
- 10:30 a.m.: Worship, “Risking Resurrection,” with Holy Communion, choir and brass.