Sing along with the Chancel Choir and professional orchestra in a special presentation of great Handel choruses (Hallelujah and more) at the Dec. 4 Sunday morning worship service.
This experience will give you an opportunity to:
- Sing master choral works by great composers
- Perform with a professional orchestra
- Improve your singing voice and reach new heights of excellence
- Have a meaningful, spiritual, musical experience at church
- Work side-by-side with a great group of people
- Feel really good about what you have done
This is a short-term commitment open to anyone who wants to sing. You need not be an accomplished singer; we’ll pair you with someone who knows the ropes. There are seven short rehearsals beginning Oct. 12 at 7:30 p.m. The music will be rehearsed at the beginning of choir rehearsal to accommodate Handel-only singers. Rehearsals are:
- Wednesdays (7:30 p.m.) Oct. 12 and 26 and Nov. 2, 9, 16
- Sunday, Nov. 20, at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 3, at 3 p.m. (final rehearsal with orchestra)
- Choral presentation in worship is Sunday, Dec. 4, at 10:30 a.m.
Those interested in participating should speak with any Chancel Choir member or contact Joel or Karen Johnson at 651-426-4505 or email@example.com.